How many locations and camps are in the Girl Scouts of Central Texas council?

  • GSCTX has Service Centers located in six cities in our 46 county council: Austin (headquarters), Brownwood, College Station, Killeen, San Angelo, Temple, Waco and Stephenville.
  • GSCTX has 3 resident camps: Camp Kachina on Lake Belton, Camp Wood Lake on Lake Brownwood (currently at rest), and Camp Texlake on Lake Travis.
  • GSCTX has access to 3 primitive camps: Camp Dixie Allison in Menard and Camp Howdy in Bryan. Camp Happy Hollow in Brenham is not owned by GSCTX, but is often used by our membership.
  • Girl Scout houses are available in many of the Service Unit areas. Zilker cabin is located in Zilker Park in Austin.

How do I reserve a Girl Scout house?

Reservations for Girl Scout houses are handled through the Service Unit of that Scout house. Visit our website at for a list and description of the Girl Scout houses. Click on the location you're interested in and fill out the request form. It will be forwarded to the person who handles reservations for that Scout house.

Do you have to be a Girl Scout to reserve a Girl Scout house?

Many Service Units allow outside groups to reserve their Girl Scout house, however use of the building for Girl Scout events is given priority.

How much does it cost to use a Girl Scout house?

Each Service Unit determines the fees it will charge for the use of its Girl Scout house, but fees are very reasonable and generally are much less than building use fees charged by other organizations in the community.

We'd like to donate some of our time for a service project for one of the camps. Whom should we contact?

Each of our camps has either an on-site Ranger or a local caretaker or volunteer who will work with groups or individuals regarding projects. The Facilities portion of our website provides list of service projects and the contact person for each camp. If you do not see the project you want to do, just let the appropriate staff know what you would like to do.

How can I donate facilities related equipment, supplies, the council?

We always appreciate when our volunteers and community members consider us as a worthy recipient of their generosity. Anyone wishing to make a donation other than cash should contact the Facilities Director at 800-460-4497 prior to any donation with information about the item(s) they wish to donate. We want to ensure that donations can be put to good use. If an item doesn't complement or support our long term plans, we want to make it possible for that item to go to another organization that can best use it.

Be sure to check our our Wish List items at

How do I reserve one of the camps?

Visit our or call 512-264-1044 or 877-425-1150 for information on availability and fees.

Can we reserve one of the program centers for family events or business conferences?

Our program centers are available for rent by other businesses. Fees are determined by location and the amenities requested. A certificate of insurance is required.

The Kodosky program center in Austin is not available for family events. The other Program centers review requests on a case by case basis.

Contact information for each program center is available on our website at

Why aren't maps to your camps provided on the website?

We are committed to ensuring the safety of our girls and our volunteers by restricting access to our properties and buildings. Maps are only provided to authorized users of our facilities as part of the confirmation packet. 

I have other questions about your facilities. Whom should I contact?

The Facilities Director is available at 1-800-460-4497 or by email at to answer any additional questions.